Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I don't know Jack $**t and I still got a better job than you!!! (Post for 3/28/07)

You know when it all comes down to it at the end of the day. It is what they say. "It's not what you know, but who you know."

Thanks to my aunt who works at the Department of Justice I basically....As people call it. I GOT THA HOOK UP! And its because she knows people that know people. ***SMILE*** I mean honestly if it weren't for her help I would've never been able to get my foot in the door. With government jobs its easier when you know someone that knows someone because it's pretty much a shoe in. You know what I mean. I mean unless your a convicted felon, which might hold you back.

AND THIS CAN ALSO BE APPLIED TO BUSINESS.... In family businesses, when they are looking for employees outside of the family they check with close family friends first before they put ads in the local news paper. My friend that goes to Frostburg State University used to work for a small cafe in Wheaton and the owner had a hard time hiring outsiders. So most likely even if you didn't know the owner personally, but knew my friend you would have a much better chance over someone else who could've worked at Starbucks prior to that and has an advantage to you since you have never worked a day in your life. Do you see where I am getting at with this?

With places of employment this is very common because they want to try their best to keep their business in tact so they hire people who they have heard about through their existing employees.

So hey keep in mind that your potential employer is not always necessarily looking and observing your GPA. BUT IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING TO SHOW OFF ANYWAY. LOL




Note: this post was for 3/28/2007

No comments: