Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Everyone's building their own bridge

In order to succeed in the business world one must have connections. And yes it is true what the saying says: "It's not what you know. It's who you know."
Building individual bridges for everyone is a business in itself because it allows you to be connected to other people who may at one point need something from you, which then you would be able to negotiate something to exchange.
Building bridges is very important because slowly and easily everyone becomes connected and through interests or commonalities. These being those bridges.
Being able to find a common ground with someone you don't know is a bridge in itself because it is giving you the opportunity to identify with that other person or persons on a similar level/platform.
This is very important for not only business, but for such fields as journalism and public relations.

1 comment:

管理者 said...

Connection is also important for college life. I have the experience that connection saved my college life.
I was absent one class because I was sick. Next week, I realized that the professor gave us the topic of paper in last class. I asked him the topic, but he didn't tell me. I didn't have any friends in that class, so I was in a serious problem. I need to know the topic, so I wrote "I need someone who takes Science and Technology class" on my mixi page(Japanese SNS). Then, my friend find his friend who takes that class, and gave me his contact. At that time, I really appreciate the power of connection (maybe network is better expression?).